Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Year So Far

It is so hard to keep up with this blog, my store blog, my fb and my store fb!!! I'm thinking I will get better but not sure when. It's been a great year so far. We were super busy at the store for Valentine's day. Vikki Barnes was doing a private event for Valentine's Day so I asked Billy if that could be my Valentine's present. I love going out to eat but not on Valentine's Day. Every place is so packed with people, there is always a wait and it's stressful to me, so going to a private dinner was like heaven. He decided he waned the girls and their husbands and another couple that we have become friends with to come also. It was wonderful after three days of none stop strawberries and fruit bouquets. We served immediately with four different appetizers, then the main course was stuffed porkchop, a wnderful veggie dish which was wrapped in bacon, special seasoned potatoes. We had this fantastic chocolate overload for desert, with sparkling white grape juice and rasberries. I loved it. It was fun to do with the kids and it was so relaxing. Then we went home and had a 42 tournament. 42 is a dominos game that not many people know how to play anymore but much to our delight Carla and Zeth know so it was a fun evening.
I have read some really good books for our book clubs.
Now I am preparing myself for a possible surgery. I find out Friday. It's not serious just frustrating. I know I am getting older but it's hard to take sometimes when the things I worked so hard to try and avoid having happen, happen anyway. It's hard to slow down, when I know I really need too. It's hard for me to tell people I just can't, when I really want to. I really appreciate so much more those who have gone before me. I remember being impatient with them a lot of times and now I am repentant and hope I can be much kinder because I am walking in their shoes. Life has a funny way of teaching us but we all eventually learn. I look forward to this year. I have three girls going to school right now. Kisha is working hard on her LVN. She will be done in August and then Kyle will start. I am so proud of them both. Kisha is doing execellent in her classes and I admire Kyle so much for his willingness to do all he can by watching the girls and substituting at school. He will tell you right off he has no ability to multi-task so this is very challenging for him but he's been a trooper! Leanne is working on her masters and I am overwhelmed at everything she still continues to accomplish as a mother and wife with the heavy work load she has. And Lindsey has started working on her doctorate. I can't tell you how proud I am of all my girls. Not just these three but Maebeth also. In everything they do, they put all their talents and effort to accomplish it. I watch them and I am amazed at the great jobs they are doing with their children, with their husbands and with all aspects of life that they take on. God could not have blessed Billy and I more than He has with these wonderful girls and our wonderful sons-in-law!!!
Well, now I'm off to a ribbon cutting at the bank. Oh yea, we are now investors in a bank. It's so awesome. Who would have thought.

1 comment: